RENT STABILIZATION BOARD
AD HOC COMMITTEE on SMOKE-FREE HOUSING
Friday, January 18, 2013
2001 Center Street, Law Library, 2nd Floor
*Meeting concurrently with the Community Health Commission Subcommittee on Smoke-Free Housing*
Many of the links below lead to PDF files that require Adobe Acrobat Reader to be installed on your PC. If you do not have Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your PC download Acrobat Reader for free.
If you are unable to access this information online, please participate by contacting us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org , telephone (510) 981-7368 (981-RENT), or TDD (510) 981-6903.
1. Roll call
2. Approval of the agenda
3. Approval of the December 21, 2012 meeting minutes
4. Public Comment
5. Discussion and possible action regarding Council timeline on receiving and acting on reports from the City staff, Community Health Commission and Rent Stabilization Board
6. Review, discussion and possible action on memorandum from Public Health Division Health Promotion Section Chief Kate Clayton regarding "Tobacco Free Multi-Unit Housing" (PDF attached for informational purposes).
7. Review, discussion and possible action on the Technical Assistance Legal Center (TALC) Smoke-Free Housing Ordinance checklist
8. Update, discussion and possible action on a proposed Smoke-Free Housing Ordinance in response to January 31, 2012 City Council referral requesting the Community Health Commission and Rent Stabilization Board analyze a potential Smoke-Free Housing Ordinance in Berkeley
9. Discussion of points where compromise between City staff's proposal, and the Community Health Commission and Rent Stabilization Board's proposal can be reached
10. Future agenda items scheduling of next meeting
Lief Bursell, Assistant Planner
David Blake, Chair
COMMUNICATION ACCESS INFORMATION:
This meeting is being held in a wheelchair-accessible location.
To request disability-related accommodation(s) to participate in the meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, please contact Aimee Mueller at 981-4932 or 981-6903 (TDD) at least three business days before the meeting date.
Please refrain from wearing scented products to this meeting.